Hi Lissette! The Two Brothers Metz (Lafe and Rhett) are thrilled to have the opportunity to share your blog for the day.
I (Rhett) am at the helm for the duration. That being the case, and since I love top five lists, I thought it would be fun to share the top five most ridiculous random facts I can think of about my co-author and big brother Lafe. This seems especially appropriate since he’s not here to defend himself.
5. Lafe was born February 5, 1972 in Landstuhl, Germany, at an Army base (Ramstien, I think, though it may have been Landstuhl Regional Medical Center). When he annoys me too much, or axes one of my favorite scenes, I dispute his citizenship… I for one have never seen his long form birth certificate. Long story short, his path to Presidency will be rocky.
4. Lafe may be the only person ever to turn down admittance to Wharton’s MBA program (routinely ranked in the top 5 nationally). He’s a dumb dumb, clearly. If there were a common sense test equivalent to the IQ test, a CQ if you will, he might have the largest IQ – CQ differential in the nation. Granted, this factor may cut in favor of his run for the White House.
3. Legend has it that Lafe refused to talk until the age of 3, at which point he began speaking in complete sentences. For this reason, my Grandfather called him G. Gordon Liddy (who is renowned for his repeated invocation of the 5th Amendment and refusal to testify before the Senate Committee investigating Watergate). This factoid is probably neutral vis a vis his Presidential candidacy.
2. Lafe hit a single homerun in his three year stint as a starter on the Fox Chapel Varsity High School baseball team from 87’-90’. A clear detriment to his candidacy.
1. Lafe used to curl his tongue backwards when concentrating, particularly during athletic competitions. While unconfirmed, the leading theory is that this is an effort at intimidation, similar to the Maori Haka Dance. Can you imagine a president rolling his tongue backwards while addressing a joint session of Congress? Actually, wait, I’m pretty sure every President has some form of this.
Of course this list is all in good fun! In all seriousness, I love my brother dearly and can’t wait to continue writing the Gypsy Knights saga with him this fall. He’s got my vote any day.
by Two Brothers Metz
Genre Paranormal YA
Fourteen-year-old Durriken Brishen has lost his parents, his grandfather, and though he doesn’t know it, his Gypsy culture’s dangerous gift.
Taken in and raised on the rails by the first woman to pilot a freight train, Durriken has one remaining connection to his Romani roots: a small wooden box that hangs from the hammer loop of his overalls.
The last gift he received from his grandfather, the box contains the world’s first chess set. But a piece is missing: the Red Queen. According to Durriken’s family lore, the complete set awakens the power of Tarie, a mercurial gift that confers unique abilities on each new Master.
When a suspicious fire erupts in the Chicago rail yard, Durriken’s escape produces an uneasy alliance, though not without its silver lining. Dilia is a few inches taller, several degrees cleverer, and oh yes – very pretty. While Durriken is uneasy allying with a girl whose parents were convicted of sedition, there’s no doubt she is a powerful partner. And while it’s not immediately clear to either, her own Guatemalan culture and family history are deeply entwined with the ancient Romani mystery.
Jumping box cars, escaping riverboats, deciphering clues, crossing swords with the brilliant madman Radu Pinch – with great American cities as its backdrop – Gypsy Knights is the page-turning saga of Durriken Brishen and his quest to rediscover his past.
Barnes and Noble:
Two Brothers Metz Bio:
The Two Brothers Metz are happily settled in the rolling valleys of Western Pennsylvania – where they are hard at work on the second installment of The Gypsy Knights Saga.